Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2016/03/24 12:51:59 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Hi all,

72 hours have passed, so it's time to tally up the votes:

Bernd Eckenfels +1
Luc Maisonobe +1
Sergio Fernández +1 (non-binding)
Uwe Barthel +1 (non-binding)
Emmanuel Bourg +1
James Carman -0
sebb -0.9
Uma Gangumalla +1 (non-binding)
Haifeng Chen +1 (non-binding)
Cheng A Xu +1 (non-binding)
Dong Chen +1 (non-binding)
Oliver Heger + 0.5
Thomas Vandahl +1
Chris Nauroth +1 (non-binding)
Kai Zheng +1 (non-binding)
Gary Gregory +1
Benedikt Ritter +1

So this vote passes.

I'd like to thank everybody involved in this process. More over I'd like to
thank James, sebb and Oliver for pointing out their concerns regarding JNI.
I believe the developers of chimera are capable of delivering high quality
JNI code. But I think it would be good to add some more documentation about
how the JNI stuff will be handled.
Furthermore the discussion about the proposed name "Apache Commons Crypto"
came up again. For this reason I think it would be good to start a separate
Name discussion thread.
I'll prepare an E-Mail discussing the next steps soon.

Regards,
Benedikt

Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> schrieb am Mo., 21. März 2016 um
09:45 Uhr:

RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Posted by "Chen, Haifeng" <ha...@intel.com>.
Thanks Uma for putting out the proposal.
And thanks to Benedikt and all the folks for your hearted support and suggestions!

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Hopefully there are enough PMC members to vote for this when they want to
release it.