Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "MERRITT, TONY (SBCSI)" <am...@sbc.com> on 2002/03/29 00:30:39 UTC

Installing Tomcat 3.3.1 as a service

I just installed Tomcat 3.3.1 and wanted to run it as a service on Windows
2000.  I followed the instructions in the Tomcat documentation, adding the
wrapper.tomcat_home and wrapper.java_home values, but was unable to start
the service using either jk_nt_service.exe or the "net start" command.  The
Tomcat log reported that it was unable to find the class file
"$(wrapper/jvm/options)".  Since the variable wrapper.jvm.options was not
being assigned a value (or was blank), I removed:
	-Djava.security.policy=="$(wrapper.tomcat_policy)"
(notice the double equal sign...is that also a mistake in the install file?)
from the wrapper.cmd_line and put it as the value for wrapper.jvm.options:

wrapper.jvm.options=-Djava.security.policy="$(wrapper.tomcat_policy)"
That made the service able to start.  Was I off-base and missing something
before making those changes?

Thanks,
Tony