Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Yee <ry...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/26 17:44:10 UTC

Version information for Struts Commons libraries included with Struts 1.1

Does anyone know how to determine the versions of the
commons libraries that are included as part of Struts?
Specifically, I need to find out the versions of the
commons libraries that are part of the Struts 1.1
distribution. I am using the display tag library
(www.displaytag.org) and found that it has a
dependency on the 2.0 version commons-lang.jar file.
Struts 1.1 has an earlier version than that and I'd
like to check the versions of the other commons
libraries to see if I need to upgrade to newer
versions of them as well.

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Version information for Struts Commons libraries included with Struts 1.1

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Richard Yee wrote:
> Does anyone know how to determine the versions of the
> commons libraries that are included as part of Struts?
> Specifically, I need to find out the versions of the
> commons libraries that are part of the Struts 1.1
> distribution. I am using the display tag library
> (www.displaytag.org) and found that it has a
> dependency on the 2.0 version commons-lang.jar file.
> Struts 1.1 has an earlier version than that and I'd
> like to check the versions of the other commons
> libraries to see if I need to upgrade to newer
> versions of them as well.

You're best bet is to un-jar each library and look at META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
in each. Often there will be an Implementation-Version property defined
which will tell you the version of the library. I'm not sure how
consistently the commons-* libraries supply this (and I've seen at least
one case where the Implementation-Version was incorrect) so you may need to
fall back to comparing file sizes against the distribution jars :-( I don't
know any more reliable approach than that...

L.
--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

Re: Version information for Struts Commons libraries included with Struts 1.1

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> From: "Richard Yee" <ry...@yahoo.com>
>> Does anyone know how to determine the versions of the
>> commons libraries that are included as part of Struts?
>> Specifically, I need to find out the versions of the
>> commons libraries that are part of the Struts 1.1
>> distribution.
>
> Scroll down to the "What's Included" section of the release notes:
>   http://struts.apache.org/userGuide/release-notes-1.1.html

Doh! That's certainly a lot easier! :-) Thanks for the pointer Wendy.

L.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Richard Yee" <ry...@yahoo.com>