Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> on 2007/05/15 22:20:13 UTC

Progress towards 1.0 alpha 1

May 3rd came and went without a 1.0 alpha 1 release. :-(

This is just an update message to let people know that 1.0 alpha 1 has
not died, and is still under active development, however, not at the
pace I was hoping for.

Many improvements have hit the trunk in recent weeks, especially around
the administration screens, tasks, configuration, repository scanning,
and stability.

I plan to put up a nightly tarball of Archiva 1.0-alpha-1-SNAPSHOT for
people to test and hopefully file more jiras around.  Stay tuned in this
mailing list for details.

For those of you that want to work from the subversion source, here's
some bits to get you started ...

1) Checkout the subversion source
[archiva/trunk]$ svn checkout
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/archiva/trunk

2) Download / Install the sun javax.* prerequisites
    * Download the 1.0 connector zip from:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/connector/download.html
    * Unpack the zip to get the jar
    * Install it: mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.resource
-DartifactId=connector -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=connector.jar
    * Download the 1.0.1B jta zip from: http://java.sun.com/products/jta/
    * Install it: mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.transaction
-DartifactId=jta Dversion=1.0.1B -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=jta-1_0_1B-classes.zip

3) Compile archiva
[archiva/trunk]$ mvn clean install

4) Run the webapp
[archiva/trunk]$ cd archiva-web/archiva-webapp
[archiva-webapp]$ mvn clean jetty:run

    NOTE: the normal execution of jetty:run from the build environment
uses the embedded derby db.

4b) There is a mysql profile in the archiva-webapp that will allow you
to use the jetty:run plugin to execute archiva while connected to a
mysql server.
    See the archiva-webapp/src/jetty-env-mysql.xml for details on how to
bootstrap your mysql server for this profile.

- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakime@apache.org
  joakime@codehaus.org
  Archiva Developer
  Alpaca Founding Member

Re: Progress towards 1.0 alpha 1

Posted by Napoleon Esmundo Ramirez <nr...@gmail.com>.
On 5/16/07, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/05/2007, at 1:20 PM, Joakim Erdfelt wrote:
>
> > For those of you that want to work from the subversion source,
> > here's some bits to get you started ...
>
> Cool - would be useful to drop this into SVN / the site.

It sure will.  I'll get some of it. :)

> > - Joakim Erdfelt
> >  Alpaca Founding Member
>
> Hehe - is that the ascii art thing?
>
> - Brett

Where can I get that alpaca-say program?  I found where continuum's cowsay
was, and I'd be even happier to have alpaca in my box too!

-Nap

Re: Progress towards 1.0 alpha 1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Mayorga Adame <al...@yahoo.com>.
I guess moving text from one place than another is something I can finally
step in and get done.

Please share the details. I can try to tacke this one as I get to bring up
the local Archiva now other random stuff is out of the way.

Corporate policy has cut my access to irc.codehaus.org so keep the flow in
the mailing list if that's OK.

alex

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com>.
(Catching up on emails)

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 5/15/07, Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@erdfelt.com> wrote:

> This is just an update message to let people know that 1.0 alpha 1 has
> not died, and is still under active development, however, not at the
> pace I was hoping for.

To help others get involved... you mentioned a 'hacking archiva' doc a
while ago.  Is it available, or a draft?

These pages were last updated in March, do they still match the code?

 * http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/The+Design+of+Archiva

Wendy