Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com> on 2012/10/16 02:59:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1398389 - in /subversion/trunk/subversion: include/ libsvn_client/ libsvn_subr/ libsvn_wc/ svn/ tests/libsvn_wc/

Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> writes:

> philip@apache.org wrote on Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 17:09:02 -0000:
>> Author: philip
>> Date: Mon Oct 15 17:09:01 2012
>> New Revision: 1398389

>> Log:
>> Enable SQLite exclusive locking for the command line client as this is
>>
>> +        "### Section for configuring working copies."                        NL
>> +        "[working-copy]"                                                     NL
>> +        "### Set to true to enable exclusive SQLite locking.  Some clients"  NL
>> +        "### may not support exclusive locking."                             NL
>> +        "# exclusive-locking = false"                                        NL;
>
> Change the comment to describe the failure mode for such clients?
> (whether they would ignore the setting or raise an error)

I can tell you that the wc function will return an "already locked"
error after a timeout but I have no idea how a third party client will
handle that and in what way it will be visible to the user.

--
Join us this October at Subversion Live 2012
http://www.wandisco.com/svn-live-2012