Posted to dev@pegasus.apache.org by smityz <sm...@apache.org> on 2023/05/06 02:43:08 UTC

[VOTE] New committer: zhangyifan27

I'd like to propose Yifan Zhang(zhangyifan27) for committership.

She works on Pegasus for more than two years and her main contributions
made to the Pegasus community are as follows:

1. Backup and Restore:
 - Support one-time backup function
 - Refactoring backup related functions and adding a new backup engine
 - Adding HDFS as an alternative backup provider
2. Code Quality and Maintenance:
 - Fixing various bugs and errors reported by sanitizers, compilers, and
testers
 - Refactoring and cleaning up duplicate code in block_service and
fds_service
3. Adding capacity unit read/write statistics

Over the course of two years, Yifan made over 70 commits to
Pegasus repositories and actively participated in code review,
making significant contributions to the improvement of code quality.

Yifan currently works in Tencent's big data department and still keeps
track of
the development of the Pegasus project.

I believe all these works would help the Pegasus community develop better.

I'll start the voting with my +1.

Best regards,
Yanzhao Tang

Re: [VOTE] New committer: zhangyifan27