Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by Peter Linnell <pl...@apache.org> on 2015/10/11 00:44:48 UTC

DISCUSS SCALEX - Southern California Linux Expo

Hi there,

First, sorry for the relative radio silence. Being in a plane 19 out of
the last 21 weeks will do that ;-)

I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this, as the CFP deadline is
October 20.

I know I will be there and am happy to co-present or present something
on Bigtop. Let's make sure we coordinate submissions.

Do we want a booth like last year ?  Cos was a constant for that last
year.

Do we want to have a meetup or hacking session ?  Who is available ?

It will also be moving to Pasadena, so other airports besides LAX
become an option to travel.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: DISCUSS SCALEX - Southern California Linux Expo

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 03:44PM, Peter Linnell wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> First, sorry for the relative radio silence. Being in a plane 19 out of
> the last 21 weeks will do that ;-)
>
> I wanted to give everyone a heads up about this, as the CFP deadline is
> October 20.
>
> I know I will be there and am happy to co-present or present something
> on Bigtop. Let's make sure we coordinate submissions.
>
> Do we want a booth like last year ?  Cos was a constant for that last
> year.
>
> Do we want to have a meetup or hacking session ?  Who is available ?
>
> It will also be moving to Pasadena, so other airports besides LAX
> become an option to travel.

Thanks for the reminder, Peter! I will try to make it there as well. I don't
know for sure - will try to figure out by the end of the next week. Nate is
working with nice folks from Scale org. comm. to get us a spot, I think. It'd
be nice to share the booth time if possible, if we can manage to get a couple
of people interested in doing it.

I think we can try to put together a workshop, which should be more or less
easy considering the amount of effort we have put into the preparation for the
Budapest one.

Cos