Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/25 13:50:55 UTC

Storage volumes of destroyed VMs are left

Hello folks,

It seems when destroy and expunge a VM, cloudstack does not delete its
image from primary storage. What could be the reason?

Please advise.

THanks

Re: Storage volumes of destroyed VMs are left

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Fariborz, please clarify:
- it doesn't remove root volume
- it doesn't remove backing file for root volume
- it doesn't remove data volumes which were attached to VM

Depending on what to choose there are different answers:
1. bug
2. ok if other backing file users
3. by design, as Rohit said there is a PR for that.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks LLC

Re: Storage volumes of destroyed VMs are left