Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by JohnRodey <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2010/05/04 22:49:05 UTC

Question about signed applets

I have a pivot applet that is currently self-signed.  When loading it asks
the user if they want to run the application.  If the user presses 'Run'
things work great and I can verify it because the clipboard is shared
between local applications and the applet.

However if they select 'Cancel' the applet still loads as if it were
unsigned.  Is there a way to catch this, so that if they push 'Cancel' I
can, or it can automatically, redirect them to an error page?

I was just thinking that I probably don't want my user thinking that
everything is working fine, until they attempt to do something that is
restricted.

Thanks!

Re: Question about signed applets

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You might be able to use java.security.AccessController.checkPermission() for this (you could potentially call it in your application's startup() method):

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/security/AccessController.html#checkPermission(java.security.Permission)