Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Ali, Haneef" <ha...@hp.com> on 2009/03/24 20:16:04 UTC

Axis2 / Tuscany sample

Hi ,
Do you have any sample for Tuscany using Axis2? I have a sample webservice running in  Axis2. It uses wsdl first approach and the wsdl is  full of complex types.  I do have following questions

1)      How to port this service to Tuscany? Do I need to change anything in web.xml?

2)      Does the aar format used by axis2 still valid in Tuscany?

3)      Where should I place my wsdl and axis2 service.xml?

Please point me to any sample do this? Otherwise please let know what is the easiest way to port Axis2 webservice ( which uses user defined wsdl) to Tuscany

Thanks,
Haneef

Re: Axis2 / Tuscany sample

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Tuscany/SCA supports the following through a declarative binding.ws.

1) Access a web service
2) Expose an SCA component as a web service

At this moment, our web service binding is implemented using Axis2. Axis2 is transparent to our users. You don't have to deal with aar or services.xml.

http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-bindingws.html

There are a lot of examples in our svn repo or release distro. You can look for the modules with "ws" in the name.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/samples/

Thanks,
Raymond