Posted to user@poi.apache.org by mihaela olteanu <mi...@yahoo.com> on 2012/10/31 13:19:26 UTC

Corrupted Excels in 2007 format with large number of rows and columns produced with Apache POI Streaming Usermodel API

Hello,

I have taken the example from page: http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/how-to.html#sxssf and tried to create an Excel with 900 000 rows and 255 columns.

When I try opening the generated file with Microsoft Excel 2007 I get an exception that it has found "unreadable content" and the file is opened only after the repairing phase.
This doesn't happen when I keep the number of rows but I decrease the number of columns to 70, or when I decrease the number of rows and have a larger value for the columns.

Is this a bug? I don't see what could be wrong with the code.

Please find attach the project that I have created.

Thank you in advance!
Mihaela

Re: Corrupted Excels in 2007 format produced with Apache POI Streaming Usermodel API

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Please try with the latest buiuld from trunk, many bugs have been
fixed since POI-3.8.

 the link to nightly builds is on http://poi.apache.org/

Posted by mihaela olteanu <mi...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.