Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by te...@aol.com.INVALID on 2022/01/13 19:48:50 UTC

Frustrated With Open Office!

I have been using Open Office for many years. I don't need it for work, I don't need it professionally. It's not really compatible with other word processors. But, I still need it for legal purposes, documentation purposes, etc. It is important to me, for Open Office to WORK!
Over the last many months, every time I use Open Office, I need to" Start Recovery". Every time! I'm have documents using 4.1.7 and 4.1.8. If I down load a newer version (i.e., 4.1.11) will all my documents be compatible? Why doesn't Open Office update automatically?
I'm frustrated.
Thanks for your help.Dennis

Re: Frustrated With Open Office!

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <kn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 19:48:50 +0000, teamtracy wrote:

> I have been using Open Office for many years. I don't need it for work,
> I don't need it professionally. It's not really compatible with other
> word processors. But, I still need it for legal purposes, documentation
> purposes, etc. It is important to me, for Open Office to WORK!
> Over the last many months, every time I use Open Office, I need to"
> Start Recovery". Every time! I'm have documents using 4.1.7 and 4.1.8.
> If I down load a newer version (i.e., 4.1.11) will all my documents be
> compatible? Why doesn't Open Office update automatically?
> I'm frustrated.
> Thanks for your help.Dennis

Yes, any of your OpenOffice files will open in the latest version which is
version 4.1.11

Regards
Keith N. McKenna