Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2008/02/06 17:00:50 UTC

MSVC 8 build failures on Vista/EM64T

Looks like we're having all kinds of trouble here:
http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/win_vista_0-em64t-msvc-8.0.html

The builds are over two weeks old and all failing with the same
error:

### Building solution / Creating HTML log
Building 12d Optimized Thread-safe Dll...
Solution build script
Checking arguments...
Build:
Closing the VisualStudio...
d:\bman5\builds\34438072\source-buildspace\etc\config\windows\build.wsf(515,
6) (null): Call was rejected by callee.

Summary log was generated in
file://D:/bman5/builds/34438072/source-buildspace/build/msvc-8.0-12d.html
Build complete

Martin

Re: MSVC 8 build failures on Vista/EM64T

Posted by Andrew Black <ab...@roguewave.com>.
Martin Sebor wrote:
> Farid Zaripov wrote:
[snip]
>>   But anyway maybe it makes sense to schedule the builds on the same
>> machine to not run at the same time?

The scheduling system doesn't allow for the concept of mutually
exclusive requests/runs, meaning only one build of X can be running at a
given time.

> Most of our machines are set up to run N or N + 1 builds in parallel
> (where N is the number of CPUs). We might be able to throttle one
> down now but eventually it'll get cranked up again otherwise we
> wouldn't get the kind of throughput we need. Se we might as well
> figure out what's causing it now. If you can't reproduce it maybe
> it's an installation problem again.
>
> Btw., another interesting thing to note is that the links to the
> same build logs on the result page are unavailable:
>   http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx/results/
>
> Andrew, any idea if that's relevant and what it might mean?

Looking at the date of the runs (nearly a month old), I think what
happened is the build log attachment aged out of the backend database,
so the exporter script didn't generate a link to them - even if they
might exist on disk at Apache.  Given the backlog of requests on the
operating system, I suspect the workers may have glitched, so I'll be
taking a look at them.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.

Posted by Farid Zaripov <Fa...@epam.com>.

Farid.

Re: MSVC 8 build failures on Vista/EM64T

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.