Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lowhead <lo...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/27 10:48:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Error when loading index.html

Hi there,

I have installed Apache 2 on a windows Xp system. I made the localhost
installation since I just want to build my website off line first. I also
installed with the option that apache is manually started. The installation
went fine. I can alos start the server manually. However, if I type in the
browser http://localhost the default apache index.html is not displayed. The
logs tell me that everything is fine but how can I load a web page? Could
someone point me to the right documentation part?

Cheers

Re: [users@httpd] Error when loading index.html

Posted by Nico <ni...@gmail.com>.
2005/11/27, Lowhead <lo...@gmail.com>:

> Hi there,
>
> I have installed Apache 2 on a windows Xp system. I made the localhost
> installation since I just want to build my website off line first. I also
> installed with the option that apache is manually started. The installation
> went fine. I can alos start the server manually. However, if I type in the
> browser http://localhost the default apache index.html is not displayed. The
> logs tell me that everything is fine but how can I load a web page? Could
> someone point me to the right documentation part?

What do you have exactly ?
En 404 Error, or nothing ?
Did you config your Document Root in httpd.conf ?
since like that : DocumentRoot "D:/home/Shared/htdocs"

--
nico
#ICQ 271251599 | AllIM "nyykaux"