Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by Markus Fidelak <ma...@netpioneer.de> on 2003/11/07 15:29:14 UTC

Problems with sample: SEnumVal

Hello,

i have to use the grammar for building a special xml-editor.
I'm evaluating this with the Sample SEnumVal. I want to convert
the sample in Perl, but it doesn't work. Why?

A reason is perhaps that the Object SchemaGrammar isn't implemented,
and SWIG don't find them. It is planed to implement this feature, too?

Excuse me very bad english...

The Problem-Part:
<schnipp file="SEnumVal.cpp" line="176">

SchemaGrammar* grammar = (SchemaGrammar*) rootGrammar;
RefHash3KeysIdPoolEnumerator<SchemaElementDecl> elemEnum =
grammar->getElemEnumerator();

</schnipp>

getElemEnumerator() provocs this error:
Can't locate auto/XML/Xerces/Grammar/getElemEnum.al in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./SAX2Count.pl line 139

And typecasting isn't possible in Perl.

Nice greetings,
  Markus

########

Hallo,

ich benutze die Grammar-Funktion für einen speziellen XML-Editor.
Für den Anfang wollte ich das Beispiel SEnumVal benutzen und es
nach Perl konvertieren, was aber nicht geht. Warum?

Vielleicht liegt es daran, dass das Objekt SchemaGrammar gar nicht
für Perl implementiert ist und SWIG es auch nicht weiter verarbeitet.
Wir diese Feature irgendwann noch angeboten?

Der problematische Teil: siehe oben Tag schnipp

Viele Grüße
  Markus

Re: Problems with sample: SEnumVal

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Markus Fidelak" <ma...@netpioneer.de> writes:

> i have to use the grammar for building a special xml-editor.
> I'm evaluating this with the Sample SEnumVal. I want to convert
> the sample in Perl, but it doesn't work. Why?

XML-Xerces is a demand-drive project - meaning I don't usually
implement new features until someone demands it ;-)

Generally, all it takes is for someone like yourself to attempt to use
XML-Xerces in a way that no one else has tried, and then report the
failure to the list. It's that second part that is the key - if you
don't let me know, I can't add it!

> A reason is perhaps that the Object SchemaGrammar isn't implemented,
> and SWIG don't find them. It is planed to implement this feature,
> too?

Correct. I happen to be in a Xerces active mode at the moment. I've
been very succesful as of late at stomping out old irritating
bugs. And there's nothing quite so wonderful as new users using the
project in different ways.

To make this even more likely to happen quickly, please add a feature
request at:

   http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Xerces-P

It will ask you to create an account first.

> Excuse me very bad english...

Mein deutsch ist zehr schlimm, dein englisch ist ausgezeichnet...

> The Problem-Part:
> <schnipp file="SEnumVal.cpp" line="176">
>
> SchemaGrammar* grammar = (SchemaGrammar*) rootGrammar;
> RefHash3KeysIdPoolEnumerator<SchemaElementDecl> elemEnum =
> grammar->getElemEnumerator();
>
> </schnipp>
>
> getElemEnumerator() provocs this error:
> Can't locate auto/XML/Xerces/Grammar/getElemEnum.al in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./SAX2Count.pl line 139

Yes, SEnumVal is one of the sample applications that I've never
attempted to port to Xerces-P, so it isn't surprising that this
doesn't work.

Make you a deal. You file the feature request, and I'll work on this
next week. I'll let you know by Monday how dificult it is, and if I
think it will get included in the upcoming 2.3.0-4 bugfix release.

Cheers,
jas.