Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christian Schlaefcke <cs...@wms-network.de> on 2005/06/27 15:51:23 UTC

m2: Getting started...

Hi Folks,

I just tried the getting-started part of m2 and it seems to work. Know I
wonder what I have to do to get my own projekt get organized under maven.

It seems like the getting-startet part just covers how to retrieve
existing projects from an existing m2 repository. I found that I have a
".m2/repository" in my homedir, which seems to be my local repository. I
tried to copy my project with a corresponding pom-file to this location
and ran:
m2 archetype:create -DgroupId=com.really.my.app -DartifactId=definatelyMyApp

All I get is the dummy application I previously received when running:
m2 archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app

So what am I missing, when creating my own repo with my (really) own
applications? Looks like I am totally on the wrong way :-(

Thanks & Regards,

Christian