Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Left Right <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/29 11:44:36 UTC

How to know what playerglobalHome is set to?

I'm trying to build a project previous built with SDK 4.6 and I'm getting this:

    [mxmlc] /home/wvxvw/projects/flex-sdk/frameworks/flex-config.xml(65):
Error: unable to open '{playerglobalHome}/11.1/playerglobal.swc'
    [mxmlc]
    [mxmlc]       </external-library-path>

The "missing" SWC is here:
/home/wvxvw/projects/flex-sdk/frameworks/libs/player/11.1/playerglobal.swc

Two points:
- why doesn't this message not expand the variable?
- how did it compile before (it had to compile the SDK components somehow)?

Best,

Oleg

Re: How to know what playerglobalHome is set to?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/29/14, 2:44 AM, "Left Right" <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to build a project previous built with SDK 4.6 and I'm getting
>this:
>
>    [mxmlc] /home/wvxvw/projects/flex-sdk/frameworks/flex-config.xml(65):
>Error: unable to open '{playerglobalHome}/11.1/playerglobal.swc'
>    [mxmlc]
>    [mxmlc]       </external-library-path>
>
>The "missing" SWC is here:
>/home/wvxvw/projects/flex-sdk/frameworks/libs/player/11.1/playerglobal.swc
>
>Two points:
>- why doesn't this message not expand the variable?

I think because the variable was not set.

>- how did it compile before (it had to compile the SDK components
>somehow)?

I think 4.6 didn’t have this variable.  I’d have to look it up, but I
think some system property gets set from some shell script or environment
variable.

-Alex