Posted to user@knox.apache.org by Benjamin Tan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/04 01:34:54 UTC

Re: How to setup vhost/domain for knox topology?

Hello Sandeep,

Thanks for your information.

In our use case, we are designing hadoop security solution for a big
telecom company, and it have many corporation customers(tenant), so we try
to supply an unique access domain for every tenant, such as
cust1.the-hadoop-domain.com, cust2.the-hadoop-domain.com or their's
customized domain using CNAME.

I have got some information about topology port mapping from 0.13.0, but it
seems have to deploy a reverse proxy before knox.

In my opinion, many users of knox have the need to support tenant
deployment.

Posted by Benjamin Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.
I have create a patch and upload to the JIRA, but can't change the assignee
to myself, maybe don't have assignment permission.

P.S. I created the patch using below command:
git diff master KNOX-1025 > ../knox-1025.patch
And the commit of master and KNOX-1025 are:
* KNOX-1025                               5808d5d KNOX-1025 - Topology
Domain Mapping
  master                                        c7cbd46 KNOX-962 - Add
signature validation tests for the JWT filters

Best,
Benjamin

Posted by Sandeep More <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.