Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2020/10/02 09:16:42 UTC

Renaming master to trunk on cassandra-builds, cassandra-website, cassandra-dtest

Next week I plan to rename master branches on the cassandra-builds,
cassandra-website and cassandra-dtest repositories to trunk.

This was discussed in
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r54db4cd870d2d665060d5fb50d925843be4b4d54dc64f3d21f04c367%40%3Cdev.cassandra.apache.org%3E

The general preference there was trunk over main, so to match the cassandra
repository.

I'm tackling these three repositories first as they are the easiest.

There are also the repositories…
- cassandra-sidecar
- cassandra-diff
- cassandra-in-jvm-dtest-api
- cassandra-harry

If you are involved in one of these repositories and would like me to do it
as well, please say so.

This is getting tracked under CASSANDRA-16163

regards,
Mick

Re: Renaming master to trunk on cassandra-builds, cassandra-website, cassandra-dtest

Posted by Ekaterina Dimitrova <e....@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your efforts!

Posted by Scott Hirleman <sc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mick, language matters, big ups for taking care of this.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 5:37 AM Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> wrote:

> > The general preference there was trunk over main, so to match the
> cassandra repository.
>

> All Cassandra code repositories have trunk now as their default branch.
>
> All master branches have been removed.
>
> The cassandra-dtest repo was referenced in a few places. Please let me
> know if I missed updating a reference anywhere.

Scott Hirleman
scott.hirleman@gmail.com

Re: Renaming master to trunk on cassandra-builds, cassandra-website, cassandra-dtest

Posted by Brandon Williams <dr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this, Mick!  Everything looks good to me.

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
> cassandra-website, cassandra-trunk, and cassandra-diff now have trunk as
> their main branches.

s/cassandra-trunk/cassandra-builds/  :-)

Re: Renaming master to trunk on cassandra-builds, cassandra-website, cassandra-dtest

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Capwell <dc...@apple.com.INVALID>.
+1 to in-jvm-dtest-api as well.

Posted by Dinesh Joshi <dj...@apache.org>.