Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Chamikara Jayalath via dev <de...@beam.apache.org> on 2022/11/09 00:38:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release 2.43.0, release candidate #1

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the version 2.43.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Reviewers are encouraged to test their own use cases with the release
candidate, and vote +1 if
no issues are found.

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* GitHub Release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2],
which is signed with the key with fingerprint
40C61FBE1761E5DB652A1A780CCD5EB2A718A56E [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "v2.43.0-RC1" [5],
* website pull request listing the release [6], the blog post [6], and
publishing the API reference manual [7].
* Java artifacts were built with Gradle 7.5.1 and openjdk version
1.8.0_181-google-v7.
* Python artifacts are deployed along with the source release to the
dist.apache.org [2] and PyPI[8].
* Go artifacts and documentation are available at pkg.go.dev [9]
* Validation sheet with a tab for 2.43.0 release to help with validation
[10].
* Docker images published to Docker Hub [11].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

For guidelines on how to try the release in your projects, check out our
blog post at https://beam.apache.org/blog/validate-beam-release/.

Thanks,
Cham

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/milestone/5
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/beam/2.43.0/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/beam/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebeam-1287/
[5] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/v2.43.0-RC1
[7] https://github.com/apache/beam-site/pull/635
[8] https://pypi.org/project/apache-beam/2.43.0rc1/
[9]
https://pkg.go.dev/github.com/apache/beam/sdks/v2@v2.43.0-RC1/go/pkg/beam
[10]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qk-N5vjXvbcEk68GjbkSZTR8AGqyNUM-oLFo_ZXBpJw/edit#gid=1310009119
[11] https://hub.docker.com/search?q=apache%2Fbeam&type=image

Re: [VOTE] Release 2.43.0, release candidate #1

Posted by Anand Inguva via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.
Thanks Valentyn for catching this.

There is a PR[1]  in flight, almost ready to be merged with the fix.

Thanks,
Anand

PR: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/24114

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath via dev <de...@beam.apache.org>.