Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Muduli, Chittaranjan" <Ch...@diligenta.co.uk> on 2016/10/15 07:56:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Help needed on READ error in Apache

Hi Team,

We are using http 2.2.27 and it is integrated with weblogic 9. But we are keep getting            'READ error'  in apache error log which resulting 503 to the request. Due to which user is getting 503 error in the page.And the number is very high in a day. Also we have defined a separate path using WLTempDir  in apache config.

got exception 'READ_ERROR_FROM_FILE [os error=0, line 144 of ap_proxy.cpp]: Cannot read 0 bytes of postData from tmp file '/tmp/domain1/_wl_proxy/_post_9995_100'',

can someone suggest how to deal with this ?

Many thanks,
Chitta
[cid:_1_0723A9140723A4C0003F2B7865257A61] Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

Diligenta Limited (Company No. 5535029) is a subsidiary of Tata Consultancy Services Limited.  Diligenta Limited is registered in England and Wales, has its registered office at Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FY and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the intended recipient and access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus (or other defect) that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. No responsibility is accepted by Diligenta Limited or Tata Consultancy Services Limited for any loss or damage in any way arising from its use. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Diligenta Limited. Replies to this e-mail may be monitored for operational or business reasons.

RE: [users@httpd] Help needed on READ error in Apache

Posted by "Muduli, Chittaranjan" <Ch...@diligenta.co.uk>.
Hi Yann,

Also I enabled debug on http and found below error for the some I/o error, any suggesation on this ?

[Sat Oct 15 05:55:06 2016] [info] ap_proxy: Debug is disabled [(null)]

[Sat Oct 15 05:55:06 2016] [debug] ssl_engine_io.c(1950): OpenSSL: I/O error, 5 bytes expected to read on BIO#2ae230041f10 [mem: e1ff0b3]

[Sat Oct 15 05:55:06 2016] [info] [client 10.203.28.13] (70014)End of file found: SSL input filter read failed.

[Sat Oct 15 05:55:06 2016] [error] READ_ERROR_FROM_FILE [os error=0, line 144 of ap_proxy.cpp]: Cannot read 0 bytes of postData from tmp file '/tmp/domain1/_wl_proxy/_post_5459_18

1'

Many thanks,

Chitta

TCS Middleware Group

  *50087 , 07702156605

**chittaranjan.muduli@diligenta.co.uk

ccMW TimTam: dl-timtamissuesMiddleware@diligenta.co.uk

  MW Mailbox: gm-esh@friendslife.co.uk

@      Lynchwood Park, Peterborough, UK

> got exception 'READ_ERROR_FROM_FILE [os error=0, line 144 of

> ap_proxy.cpp]: Cannot read 0 bytes of postData from tmp file

> '/tmp/domain1/_wl_proxy/_post_9995_100'',

> can someone suggest how to deal with this ?

This has to do with mod_weblogic which is a third-party module, not maintained by Apache (but Oracle, you'll have better support there I think).

A quick search gave [1] though, FWIW.

Regards,

Yann.

[1] http://middlewaretimes.blogspot.fr/2014/03/oracle-weblogic-server-apache-proxy-log.html