Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/26 14:25:07 UTC

new "configuration" phase ? (was: xdoclet plugin makes eclipse:eclipse fail)

I solved this by setting xdoclet to run under process-resources phase and
not generate-resource, as the eclispe:eclispe goal is attached to it.

Is there some plan to add native support in maven for environment
configuration, without any requirement for a build phase ?
Why should the eclispe plugin handle generation (or copy from a POM CDATA)
of the ".checkstyle" ? Cannot the checkstyle plugin generate it from maven
configuration ?

What about a "configure" phase for configuring the developer environment ?
Every maven plugin could handle the target environment if it also has
support as a IDE plugin.

example :

<profille>
   <id>eclipse</id>
   <plugins>
      <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
          <execution>
             <phase>configure</phase>
             <goal>eclipse<goal>
          </execution>
      </plugin>
      <plugin>
          <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
          <execution>
             <phase>configure</phase>
             <goal>eclipse<goal>
          </execution>