Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Flavio Palumbo <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/30 09:19:15 UTC

Understanding/setting up axis2 service classpath

   [

I developed a web service with axis2, packed it in a .aar file with this
structure :

*java/service.class
lib/mylib.jar
META-INF/service.xml
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF*

Then I put the .aar file under a local Tomcat in
webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services dir, test and everything works fine. Note
that MANIFEST.MF doesn't contain any classpath.

After I take the .aar file and put under a production Tomcat, same path. I
test and then receive an exception because a class contained in the
mylib.jar is not found. I struggled a bit and then try to put mylib.jar in
the lib folder where are all axis2 jar files. Everything works fine.

Now the question is, how can this happen ? Is there any configuration file
under axis2 where I can set this behavior ? As far as I know both Tomcat
have the same axis2 version and structure.