Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com> on 2007/12/05 07:20:40 UTC

Web unit testing: another option

Folks,

Being the security nerd that I am, I just read an article on pen-
testing (on a security website). It did a pretty good job talking
about web unit testing, actually:

Why Crawling Doesn't Matter
http://www.tssci-security.com/archives/2007/12/02/why-crawling-doesnt-matter/

That article turned me on to another one, on HtmlUnit:
http://daniel.gredler.net/2007/10/04/htmlunit-vs-httpunit/

Here's the HtmlUnit project page. The license appears to be fairly
loose, certainly loose enough for Apache:
http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/index.html

Now, this doesn't stop the short-term need to do manual web testing to
get 2.6 out. I'm up for it... I might even have some time to try a few
of 'em tomorrow. (I'll do the JDBC-container and JDBC-custom ones...)

Andrew