Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by David Caruana <da...@alfresco.org> on 2005/09/28 12:28:41 UTC

jcr:score clarification

As I understand from the spec, the columns returned from a query must
include a column called jcr:score (or equivalent if xpath score function
is used), although the value doesn't have to be meaningful.  Is that
correct?

If so, then I'm having trouble passing the TCK test
GetPropertyNamesTest.testGetPropertyNames().  It doesn't take into
account the jcr:score column when testing the columns returned by a
query.

Is this an issue in the test or my misunderstanding of the spec?

Thanks,
David Caruana
www.alfresco.org

Re: jcr:score clarification

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi David,

David Caruana wrote:
> As I understand from the spec, the columns returned from a query must
> include a column called jcr:score (or equivalent if xpath score function
> is used), although the value doesn't have to be meaningful.  Is that
> correct?

yes, this is correct. This is once more one of the last minute changes
that have been made to the jsr-170 spec. unfortunately this change did
not find its way into the TCK and it is not even reflected in jackrabbit.

> If so, then I'm having trouble passing the TCK test
> GetPropertyNamesTest.testGetPropertyNames().  It doesn't take into
> account the jcr:score column when testing the columns returned by a
> query.
>
> Is this an issue in the test or my misunderstanding of the spec?

This is definitively wrong in the test and also in jackrabbit.
I've changed the affected test cases and adapted the jackrabbit
implementation. svn revision: 292664

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.

regards
  marcel