Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Kamal <bh...@tt.com.au> on 2008/06/10 14:22:55 UTC

Developing for Cocoon

Hi,
I am trying to work out the best approach for developing for Cocoon.

I have downloaded the full source and I have run mvn -P allblocks
eclipse:eclipse on the base pom. I also ran "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true
-Pallblocks install". I guess my next question is where to from here? I
have also checked out cocoon-template-impl and cocoon-template-sample
and when I run mvn jetty:run on cocoon-template-sample I get the following:

[INFO] Configuring Jetty for project: Cocoon Template Block Samples
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Webapp source directory
D:\workspace-java\cocoon-template-sample\target\rcl\webapp does not exist
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 10 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 10 22:10:25 EST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 25M/45M
[INFO]

I thought I could just run cocoon-template-sample. If I cannot, does
that mean I need to setup a separate project to test my changes?

Cheers.

Re: Developing for Cocoon

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.
Kamal wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to work out the best approach for developing for Cocoon.
>
> I have downloaded the full source and I have run mvn -P allblocks
> eclipse:eclipse on the base pom. I also ran "mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true
> -Pallblocks install". I guess my next question is where to from here? I
> have also checked out cocoon-template-impl and cocoon-template-sample
> and when I run mvn jetty:run on cocoon-template-sample I get the following:
>
> [INFO] Configuring Jetty for project: Cocoon Template Block Samples
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Webapp source directory
> D:\workspace-java\cocoon-template-sample\target\rcl\webapp does not exist
> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 10 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Tue Jun 10 22:10:25 EST 2008
> [INFO] Final Memory: 25M/45M
> [INFO]
>
> I thought I could just run cocoon-template-sample.

yes you can but you have to use the Cocoon Maven plugin to create a
minimal webapplication that runs a block:

mvn cocoon:prepare jetty:run

will do the trick.