Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Tor Lillqvist <tm...@iki.fi> on 2011/07/30 19:47:00 UTC

How is one supposed to run vcldemo and svdemo?

In what environment, with what environment variables and whatever else
present, is one supposed to run the vcldemo and svdemo programs in
vcl/workben? I guess they were last used during the native (i.e.
non-X11) Mac OS X porting effort to verify that the VCL code works
without having to run the whole of OOo. But I couldn't find any hints
how to run them. I do manage to build them, but they crash right after
start...

--tml

Re: How is one supposed to run vcldemo and svdemo?

Posted by Pavel Janík <Pa...@Janik.cz>.
On Jul 30, 2011, at 7:47 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> In what environment, with what environment variables and whatever else
> present, is one supposed to run the vcldemo and svdemo programs in
> vcl/workben? I guess they were last used during the native (i.e.
> non-X11) Mac OS X porting effort to verify that the VCL code works
> without having to run the whole of OOo. But I couldn't find any hints
> how to run them. I do manage to build them, but they crash right after
> start...

Just try strace/whatever_your_OS_has to see why it crashes. I have some notes here (*very* old though):

http://blog.janik.cz/archives/2006/03/02/mac_os_x_porting_project_removing_x11_i/index.html
--
Pavel Janík

Re: How is one supposed to run vcldemo and svdemo?

Posted by Malte Timmermann <ma...@web.de>.
Tor Lillqvist wrote, On 30.07.2011 19:47:
> In what environment, with what environment variables and whatever else
> present, is one supposed to run the vcldemo and svdemo programs in
> vcl/workben? I guess they were last used during the native (i.e.
> non-X11) Mac OS X porting effort to verify that the VCL code works
> without having to run the whole of OOo. But I couldn't find any hints
> how to run them. I do manage to build them, but they crash right after
> start...
>
> --tml

They don't run stand-alone, but need UNO and service registry stuff.
Copy binaries next to soffice.bin and start from there.

They probably are unmaintained, but if they still work, then this way...

HTH,
Malte.