Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Oleg Dulin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/19 18:59:58 UTC

Queue browser hasMoreElements blocks on empty

I need queue browser hasMoreElements method to return true/false and
not wait for messages to show up on the queue. Is there any way to
accomplish that ?

Oleg Dulin
NYC Java Big Data Engineer
http://www.olegdulin.com/

Re: Queue browser hasMoreElements blocks on empty

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Doesn't look like this blocking behavior is configurable at the moment.
Looks like it will try to pull messages if the prefetch is 0, otherwise
sits in a blocking-while loop. Can you open a jira to track this request?

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog