Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/12/04 21:15:17 UTC

Re[2]: exception loading sessions from persistent storage?

Hello Paul,

That's not quite true.  You can put a context configuration file in
the META-INF of the .war file and Tomcat will pick that up as the
context configuration file upon ant ant manager task "deploy".

<quote>
For the deploy command, simply include your context confgiuration file in
the WAR at "META-INF/context.xml".

In Tomcat 4.1, you can dynamically deploy a "context configuration file"
instead of, or along with your webapp.  Such a file can contain the
<Context> element, and all nested subelements, from what you would
normally put in server.xml, so you can indeed dynamically deploy an app
with a custom realm.
</quote>

I believe that quote is from Craig R. McClanahan, but I'm not
completely sure.  I just had it written down after seeing it on the
list at one point in time.

Jake

Best regards,