Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SOLR4189 <Kl...@yandex.ru> on 2017/06/01 17:40:40 UTC

DateUtil in SOLR-6

In SOLR-4.10.1 I use DateUtil.parse in my UpdateProcessor for different
datetime formats.
In indexing of document datetime format is *yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss'Z'* and in
reindexing document datetime format is *EEE MMM d hh:mm:ss z yyyy*. And it
works fine.

But what can I do in SOLR-6? I don't understand  this issue
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8903>  . How *using new
Date(Instant.parse(d).toEpochMilli()); for parsing and
DateTimeFormatter.ISO_INSTANT.format(d.toInstant()) for formatting* will be
help if I want the same behavior?