Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com> on 2006/11/15 08:26:11 UTC

Surefire report issues

Does anyone have any experience with using the surefire report is a large
project (like 1000s of unit tests)?  I can imagine that the single-page
format of the report would be a problem - hard to read, long time to load in
browser.

Also, I noticed a problem with the surefire report contents.  It seems to
create a report that lists test results grouped together by package and
class, but when you look closer you find tests from other classes and even
other packages in the same group.  It looks like total anarchy.  Surely this
must be wrong?  Am I missing something?

I would prefer to go back to the old JUnit style aggregate reporting.  Can I
do that?  How?  If I can, why would I not?

Re: Surefire report issues

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.

Wayne Fay wrote:

> Chris H sent an email to the list on a similar topic recently that
> might be helpful to you:

Thanks, I saw that.  I might even use it (if I can get it to work - I
haven't so far).  I was also looking for general comments on surefire
reports.  What are they supposed to give me that I can't get from JUnit?
Why are they the default if there are so many problems with them?

Re: Surefire report issues

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

From: "Chris Hilton" <ch...@alterpoint.com>
To: "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
Subject: RE: replace surefire with ant task
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 11:24:30 -0600

Wayne

Re: Surefire report issues

Posted by "ir. ing. Jan Dockx" <ja...@mac.com>.
If all tests pass, there is no problem … ;-)

On 15 Nov 2006, at 12:21, Dave Syer wrote:

> Thanks for the reference.  Can anyone tell me how come there are so
> many good
> projects out there using maven 2, when the support for unit test
> reporting
> is so poor?  I can't be the only one that is frustrated.  What are
> other
> people doing as a workaround?  I guess no-one uses the default site
> generator and reports.
>

> Damien Lecan wrote:
>>
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-114

"[…]  my biggest problem is finding out how to do things."
(in a mail on the Maven Users List)

Re: Surefire report issues

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Wednesday November 15 2006 6:21 am, Dave Syer wrote:
> Thanks for the reference.  Can anyone tell me how come there are so
> many good projects out there using maven 2, when the support for unit
> test reporting is so poor?  I can't be the only one that is frustrated.
>  What are other people doing as a workaround?  I guess no-one uses the
> default site generator and reports.
>
> Damien Lecan wrote:
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-114

Or you force it to use an older version of the Surefire plugin if you
don't need the changes in 2.2.  We specifically force it to use 2.1.3.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

RE: Surefire report issues

Posted by Dave Syer <da...@hotmail.com>.

RE: Surefire report issues

Posted by LECAN Damien <Da...@B2i.fr>.
> Also, I noticed a problem with the surefire report contents.
> It seems to
> create a report that lists test results grouped together by
> package and
> class, but when you look closer you find tests from other
> classes and even
> other packages in the same group.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-114

Damien