Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2008/02/27 19:54:45 UTC

How to release 3.3?

Hi folks,

we recently voted to use the 3.3-RC3 artifacts as 3.3 version. Now in my
simple mind I was thinking to just rename/copy the files when I found
out that the POMs need to be updated as well. That would mean either
manual fixes or another build run which in turn would of course create
new artifacts with different signatures. Any suggestions on how to solve
this with not too much manual effort would be appreciated.

Bye, Thomas.

RE: How to release 3.3?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
> Hi folks,
>
> we recently voted to use the 3.3-RC3 artifacts as 3.3 version. Now in my
> simple mind I was thinking to just rename/copy the files when I found
> out that the POMs need to be updated as well. That would mean either
> manual fixes or another build run which in turn would of course create
> new artifacts with different signatures. Any suggestions on how to solve
> this with not too much manual effort would be appreciated.

I've always done another build run in the past. There is no way to replace
the poms without breaking the signatures (at least this is the idea of the
signatures).
This is not what you wanted to hear, I'm afraid :-(

   Thomas