Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "St. Kleinbaum" <st...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/21 19:47:54 UTC

PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Hi All,

I am using Apache FOP to generate PDFA/3 Documents. I tried hard to generate
a valid PDF file, but the validation always fails with many "The value of
the CIDSet[...] of font EAAAAA+LiberationSans is false but must be true."
error messages (I used this validator:
https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx).

I also tried to generate the font metrics file with "-enc ansi" option. Then
the generated PDF file is valid, but there is WinAnsi font support only :(

Please find an example app here:  invalidFonts.zip
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n44900/invalidFonts.zip>

Thanks for your help
Stefan

Re: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Posted by "St. Kleinbaum" <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks, this works perfectly fine in a fop 2.* project!
However, this workaround fails in a fop 1.* project. Is this a bug or is
there another workaround for that?

Thanks

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You could raise a bug in fop jira about this, workaround could be to try another font type: otf or type1 or single-byte mode?

Thanks

Posted by "St. Kleinbaum" <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Eg in fop.xconf

Thanks

I am using Apache FOP to generate PDFA/3 Documents. I tried hard to generate

a valid PDF file, but the validation always fails with many "The value of
the CIDSet[...] of font EAAAAA+LiberationSans is false but must be true."
error messages (I used this validator:
https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx).

I also tried to generate the font metrics file with "-enc ansi" option. Then

the generated PDF file is valid, but there is WinAnsi font support only :(

Please find an example app here: Â invalidFonts.zip
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/file/n44900/invalidFonts.zip> Â

Thanks for your help
Stefan

<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=44901&i=3>

<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=44901&i=5>

  _____

below:

http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/PDFA-3-validation-fails-because-of-C
ID-font-set-tp44900p44901.html

To unsubscribe from PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set, click
here.

<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macr
o_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.B
asicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.templ
ate.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-insta
nt_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
NAML

  _____

font set
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/PDFA-3-validation-fails-because-of-
CID-font-set-tp44900p44926.html>
Sent from the FOP - Users mailing list archive
<http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-Users-f3.html>  at Nabble.com.

Re: PDFA/3 validation fails because of CID font set

Posted by "St. Kleinbaum" <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,