Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Myrle Krantz <my...@apache.org> on 2017/09/18 07:25:44 UTC

Apache Fineract Mailing list changes

Hey Fineracters,

After feedback from a new subscriber to the dev list, I requested some
changes from INFRA on where which Apache Fineract mails are directed.

The INFRA ticket is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15077

* mails generated by the JIRA system will be directed to issues.
* mails generated by our source control will be directed to commits.

Note that we also have an integration between source control and JIRA
which will cause a cascade of mails.  Commenting on a pull request
will cause the relevant JIRA issue to be commented on, so will
eventually cause mails from both the commits mailing list and the
issues mailing list.

You all may wish to adjust your list subscriptions and automatic
filtering accordingly.

Feedback is still very welcome.  If this arrangement doesn't suite you
please say so and explain why, so we can get the communication working
for our community.

Regards,
Myrle

Re: Apache Fineract Mailing list changes

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
+1

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Myrle

I think this is a good idea. It's sometimes difficult to follow a
discussion or find things when the mailing list is full of notifications
from jira and commits. In OFBiz we've implemented this type of mailing
list type split and it works well.

Thanks
Sharan