Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> on 2013/06/18 22:53:08 UTC

Baremetal re-enabling

Hi,

Due to absent of Frank, I've tried to make sure Baremetal wouldn't miss
4.2. So for the last a few days work, I am able to re-enable baremetal for
master.

It turn out the change is not big, and most of it just compose of revert of
previous change, and I fixed some issues brought by the new features.

The total change summary is:

--
 client/pom.xml
                    |  5 +++++
 client/tomcatconf/applicationContext.xml.in
                     |  4 ----
 client/tomcatconf/componentContext.xml.in
                     | 10 ----------
 client/tomcatconf/nonossComponentContext.xml.in
                     |  8 --------
 plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/manager/BareMetalDiscoverer.java
        |  3 ++-
 plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/manager/BareMetalTemplateAdapter.java
   |  6 ------
 plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/networkservice/BaremetalDhcpElement.java
|  6 ++++--
 plugins/network-elements/dns-notifier/resources/components-example.xml
                    |  8 --------
 server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkServiceImpl.java
                    |  9 +++------

I've tested against the original blocker issues:

They all passed.

Can I say we're ready to re-enable the baremetal in master now?

--Sheng

Re: Baremetal re-enabling

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to absent of Frank, I've tried to make sure Baremetal wouldn't miss
> 4.2. So for the last a few days work, I am able to re-enable baremetal for
> master.
>
> It turn out the change is not big, and most of it just compose of revert of
> previous change, and I fixed some issues brought by the new features.
>
> The total change summary is:
>
> --
>  client/pom.xml
>                     |  5 +++++
>  client/tomcatconf/applicationContext.xml.in
>                      |  4 ----
>  client/tomcatconf/componentContext.xml.in
>                      | 10 ----------
>  client/tomcatconf/nonossComponentContext.xml.in
>                      |  8 --------
>  plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/manager/BareMetalDiscoverer.java
>         |  3 ++-
>  plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/manager/BareMetalTemplateAdapter.java
>    |  6 ------
>  plugins/hypervisors/baremetal/src/com/cloud/baremetal/networkservice/BaremetalDhcpElement.java
> |  6 ++++--
>  plugins/network-elements/dns-notifier/resources/components-example.xml
>                     |  8 --------
>  server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkServiceImpl.java
>                     |  9 +++------
>

> I've tested against the original blocker issues:
>
> They all passed.
>
> Can I say we're ready to re-enable the baremetal in master now?
>
> --Sheng

Please see my question in the [REVIEW] thread you started.  Thanks!

Re: Baremetal re-enabling

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Done DB upgrading code, and tested.

I've created a new branch baremetal-4.2 for review.

--Sheng

Re: Baremetal re-enabling

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Re: Baremetal re-enabling