Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Vipul Sagare <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2009/07/18 01:21:43 UTC

Newbie question

I am using Synapse as proxy server and running AXIS2 web services on some other machines.

Where should configure the "web services server" when I start Synapse server?  Seems like- I missing something obvious..    Sample configurations(numbered ones) do not have explicit mention of the server.

Your help is appreciated..

Thanks,
Vipul

Re: Newbie question

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vipul,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 7:42 AM, Vipul Sagare <vi...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> Thanks for info, Ruwan.
>
> Here are couple of questions. -  Is release 1.2 of Synapse production
> quality?  What is track record for Synapse when it comes to "high
> availability" concerns?

Yes, it is production quality... and many users are using it in production,
including the US Army, a Helth care organization in US, major insurance
company in US, mobile services company in US, large scale finance company in
walstreat (most of them uses WSO2 ESB <http://wso2.org/esb> except for the
US Army which uses Apache Synapse underneath).

You could find information on high availability of synapse from;

http://wso2.org/library/articles/wso2-esb-apache-synapse-clustering-guide
http://ruwansblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/scalability-availability-with-synapse.html

> Could you point me in direction which would help me making a case for
> Synapse over any other product?

We do not have any specific case studies for Synapse, but for WSO2 ESB we do
have a good set of case studies;

http://wso2.org/library/case-studies/concur-streamlines-corporate-reporting-wso2-open-source-soa-middleware
http://wso2.org/library/3325
http://wso2.org/library/3324