Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Justin MASSIOT | Zentek <ju...@zentek.fr> on 2021/05/05 20:12:56 UTC

Cheers from MSOfficeSVN

Hello everyone!

I wanted to write you a few words just to say that we, Koki YAMAMOTO and I,
have dusted off the MSOfficeSVN project
<https://github.com/msofficesvn/msofficesvn>. That's neither a revival nor
a reboot because the source code is still genuine, nevertheless the latest
released version <https://github.com/msofficesvn/msofficesvn/releases/> -which
dates back from 2013- is still current and works with today's working
environments: Windows 10, 64-bit version of MS Office 2019 and
Subversion/TortoiseSVN 1.14. Good news: the general documentation has been
updated a bit.
If you're interested in versioning MS Office documents through SVN, be sure
to check MSOfficeSVN <https://github.com/msofficesvn/msofficesvn>!
--
MSOfficeSVN is a project originated by Koki YAMAMOTO -based on works
from Osamu OKANO and Kazuyuki NAGAMORI- in order to manage MS Office
documents under Subversion right from the MS Office interface. Customizable
keyboard shortcuts are also available! It comes as a package of three
separated add-ins, corresponding to Excel, PowerPoint and Word. English and
Japanese languages are available, but I'm not able to maintain the Japanese
version by myself :-(
It's mainly written in Visual Basic and is based on TortoiseSVN (command
line calls) and SubWCRev (through its COM interface), thus it's a
Windows-only piece of software. It has been managed through Google Code
<https://code.google.com/archive/p/msofficesvn>, then SourceForge
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/msofficesvn/> and now GitHub
<https://github.com/msofficesvn/msofficesvn>. The project is largely
documented through inline comments, plus some pages gathered into a
dedicated wiki for developers
<https://github.com/msofficesvn/msofficesvn/wiki>, even if: (1) it's mainly
in Japanese, (2) it was automatically imported from Google Code (some
format issues still exist).
Finally, it's Open Source software, distributed under the GNU GPL v2. As
we're open to further contributions, feel free to fork the code and create
pull requests ;-) Contributions to the wiki are also welcome.

I think Subversion could serve (almost) every domain, far beyond source
code management. Don't you?
Cheers.
*Justin MASSIOT* +33 6 44 66 94 14
 Zentek  zentek.fr