Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Derik Crouch <dc...@pretorynet.com> on 2002/01/18 04:42:10 UTC

Problem with response from MS Soap

Hello,

I'm currently building a Java client that will be using Apache Soap API
to communicate to a MS Soap server. Using a sniffer we're able to see
the message go out and the response coming back from the server. ( We're
using MSSoapT to see what's going on )  The problem were experiencing is
involving processing of the response. The exception isn't being thrown
back and it's stopping the JVM . Any advice would be very appreciated
and thanks for your time.

MESSAGE GOING OUT....
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
	- <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	     - <SOAP-ENV:Body>
		- <ns1:GetSectionRightsAsXML
xmlns:ns1="http://tempuri.org/message/"
			<lngSiteDevKey
xsi:type="xsd:int">111</lngSiteDevKey>
		</ns1:GetSectionRightsAsXML>
	     </SOAP-ENV:Body>
	</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

RESPONSE BEING RETURNED....
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
		- <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
			- <SOAP-ENV:Body>
				-
<SOAPSDK1:GetSectionRightsAsXMLResponse
xmlns:SOAPSDK1="http://tempuri.org/message/">
					<Result>I got the value</Result>

</SOAPSDK1:GetSectionRightsAsXMLResponse>
			</SOAP-ENV:Body>
		</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

ERROR RECEIVED....
	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
		at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<init>(QName.java:80)

		at
org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.matches(QName.java:146)
		at
org.apache.soap.Envelope.unmarshall(Envelope.java:237)
		at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:230)
	at global.util.soap.StandAlone.main(StandAlone.java:47)
Exception in thread "main"

Regards,
Derik Crouch
PretoryNet Inc
770.576.1279

Re: Problem with response from MS Soap

Posted by Chistian Lacetera <Ch...@intesabci.it>.
Hi,

i have the same problem, this happens because apche soap is not strictly
compliant with some namespace attribtues,
you have to map the response, in your deploy file you must add a line like
this

<isd:mappings>

        <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:x="" qname="x:result"
xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.StringDeserializer"/>

</isd:mappings>

i think this way work

Regards

Posted by Chistian Lacetera <Ch...@intesabci.it>.
Hi,

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

etc.

That looks like the error we get if the XML parser does
not support namespaces. Maybe you have an old parser hanging
around that is being found before the namespace supporting
parser. It took me days to find this.....

wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Soap Programming with Java - Sybex; ISBN: 0782129285

RE: Problem with response from MS Soap

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.