Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lee Fuller <it...@simplescienceinc.com> on 2020/05/13 13:43:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Nosniff Causes Files to display - Rather than download as intended

I'm setting the nosniff option on one of our Virtual Hosts (site is a Wordpress site). There are two links to download files, one DMG and one ZIP. However, when we add this header, the files do not download, they are displayed. I have added Mime Type definitions to the VHost as follows:

AddType application/octet-stream .dmg
AddType application/zip .zip

Does not help. Any suggestions?

Lee Fuller
Managing Director, Technology
m: +1 (949) 564-6349
lee@simple.science<ma...@simple.science>

simple.science
1626 Ohms Way
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Certified AWS Technology Professional
Certified AWS Business Professional

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE
This email and any attachment is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain private, confidential and/or privileged information. Review, use or dissemination of this information by unintended receiver, even if misaddressed, is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, destroy all copies and notify sender immediately.

Re: [users@httpd] Nosniff Causes Files to display - Rather than download as intended

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:43 AM Lee Fuller <it...@simplescienceinc.com> wrote:

> I'm setting the nosniff option on one of our Virtual Hosts (site is a Wordpress site). There are two links to download files, one DMG and one ZIP. However, when we add this header, the files do not download, they are displayed. I have added Mime Type definitions to the VHost as follows:
>

> AddType application/octet-stream .dmg
>
> AddType application/zip .zip

Can you show the full response headers?