Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ghostwolf59 <ma...@commerce.wa.gov.au> on 2014/04/06 07:45:59 UTC

is it safe to upgrade maven from v3.0.4 to v3.2.1 ?

Hi,
Just wonder if I could expect issues to crop up by upgrading maven from
v3.0.4 to the most recent stable version available (v3.2.1 while writing
this)

cheers

-----
good @ being sucked @

Re: is it safe to upgrade maven from v3.0.4 to v3.2.1 ?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
One thing that you could run into is incompatible plugins. Some plugins
uses Aether directly and there was a package change for Aether included in
Maven 3.2.1, so you would get ClassNotFoundExceptions or similar.

/Anders

Posted by Stanimir Stamenkov <s7...@netscape.net>.
Sat, 5 Apr 2014 22:45:59 -0700 (PDT), /ghostwolf59/:

> Just wonder if I could expect issues to crop up by upgrading maven from
> v3.0.4 to the most recent stable version available (v3.2.1 while writing
> this)

Note sure if this could affect you:

https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5591

(fixed for 3.2.2)