Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Olle Mårtensson <ol...@bredband.net> on 2015/10/30 15:06:34 UTC

Settings

I am trying to download Open Office to my iMac.
I get a message that my settings prevent the download.
What kind of settings could this mean, and how do I change them?

Best regards
Olle Mårtensson

Re: Settings

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/30/2015 03:06 PM, schrieb Olle Mårtensson:
> I am trying to download Open Office to my iMac.
> I get a message that my settings prevent the download.
> What kind of settings could this mean, and how do I change them?

when you don't know which settings are meant (because there is no
detailed message on the screen), then of course we don't them either. ;-)

Let's start from the beginning:
- download only from "http://www.openoffice.org/download/"
- choose the favorite download options
- click on the green button

When you still get problems:
- try at a different time, maybe there is a temporary problem at the
   mirror(s)
- enable cookies (normally not needed but maybe it's helping)
- make sure JavaScript is enabled
- if possible, try with another browser

If all doesn't help you can use a direct link but you have to browse a
bit on your own to come to the wished download file:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.2/binaries/

HTH

Marcus

Re: Settings

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2015-10-30, 8:06 AM Olle Mårtensson wrote concerning "Settings":
> I am trying to download Open Office to my iMac.
> I get a message that my settings prevent the download.
> What kind of settings could this mean, and how do I change them?

Since you didn't state the exact message you got I am guessing that Gatekeeper is the problem.
See the following links.

    *GateKeeper*
    *AOO Release Notes *
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues