Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Randy Watler <rw...@finali.com> on 2004/12/07 22:21:03 UTC

Tomcat5 Engine/Host config, was: Re: M1 problem -- velocity tools?

John,

I would get things working with Catalina/localhost first... changing the
Engine name and Host name so that the installation and deployer function
properly is apparently not trivial. The maven.xml quickStart goal
appears to assume Catalina/localhost. So, you'd have to move things
around in the tomcat5 conf directory to get it configured properly,
(before tomcat5 is started). Then, you'd have to probably use
override.properties to specify your engine to replace Catalina specified
in jetspeed.properties, (of course, the host name is specified in your
custom build.properties).

Instead of going through all of this, I am going to try to use
Catalina/localhost with an Alias for the production host name specified
in the tomcat5 Host definition. I might clean this up a bit for the next
J2 milestone release if I get a chance and we can come up with a cleaner
implementation.

Thanks for hanging in there!

Randy

Re: Tomcat5 Engine/Host config, was: Re: M1 problem -- velocity tools?

Posted by John West <jw...@exnihilo.com>.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear -- I had to change them for a project I had
been working on which is now over. When I went to install M1 I got the
errors. I reinstalled everything (i.e. back to the TC defaults) and now
JS2 works fine. I don't need those changes anymore so this is no longer
an issue.

It would be nice if there wasn't a dependency on Catalina/localhost but,
for me at least, everything is better now.  :)

*John West*
ExNihilo Inc.
2 Charles St.
Providence, RI 02904