Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/18 16:49:46 UTC

[allura:tickets] Re: Ticket 7459 discussion

You mean native browser validation is simply okay or better to extend using `checkValidity` and `reportValidity` to display real time message when user is typing password?

---

** [tickets:#7459] Show password requirements on forms**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Wed Jun 11, 2014 03:46 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Oct 18, 2018 04:47 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

It would be helpful to show password requirements (aka min # of chars) on the password change form.  And account creation.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] Re: Ticket 7459 discussion

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
Native browser validations on submit is a good first step, at least they dont' have to submit the form then :)

I would say try using checkValidity or reportValidity whenever the password field changes, that will run the browser's own validation again (before submit).  That would be nice, but I suspect that in some browsers it might interfere with the user typing.  If that happens, then I would suggest displaying our own message right next to the input field, maybe using the "tooltip" javascript widget so it can point right at the field.

---

** [tickets:#7459] Show password requirements on forms**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Wed Jun 11, 2014 03:46 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Thu Oct 18, 2018 04:49 PM UTC