Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by randyf <rf...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 15:46:53 UTC

Tomcat loosing session

I have Tomcat 6 running in an environment that requires an Apache proxy
between my
browser and my Tomcat instance. My problem is that Tomcat is "loosing" the
session from my browser.
I added logging in my servlet to log out the request and session
information, including cookies.
In the logs I see where the session id is different in each servlet
invocation. However,
the value of the JSESSIONID cookie is the same in each invocation. In
addition,
the call to getRequestedSessionId() returns the same value and matches that
of the JSESSIONID
(though it does indicate that the requested session id is not valid).

Is this a configuration issue on my part or perhaps related to the Apache
proxy
sitting between Tomcat and the browser? In my development environment I do
not have this issue because the proxy does not exist and I connect directly
to Tomcat from my browser.

HELP!

Thanks in advance!