Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sascha-Matthias Kulawik <sa...@kulawik.de> on 2005/01/18 15:41:28 UTC

Mounting Subsitemap out of ZIP archive

Hello everybody,

In our cocoon environment we're using the same cocoon instance for many projects. Currently we are referencing them out of the cocoon.war so we can update cocoon to a newer version easily.
For implementing a better rollout, we thought to use zip archives like EAR or JAR's to distribute the application.
For example:
We have some enterprise beans, some generic code and maybe the website and can deploy them all in one "big" ear - ready. Then an update just replaces the EAR, on the other hand we only need to have one cocoon instance and can update this as well, just changing the main-sitemap.

We've tried something like that:
<map:match pattern="test/**">
       <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="test.zip/" uri-prefix="test"/>
</map:match>

But it does not work. I also searched in the cocoon sourcecode but I'm afraid, this part I haven't found.
Is there a way to mount this stuff from a zip-file?
The next cool thing would be to extend the classloader to check this file as well (remote interfaces for example), then a hot deploy of a complete application can be done without replacing or redeploying cocoon.

Regards,
Sascha