Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM> on 2005/10/21 01:01:29 UTC

Regression test errors: 'AccessControlException' and 'NoClassDefFoundError': 'SanityManager'

In our regression test runs today (svn 326956) I find these errors on
all platforms:

encryptionBlowfish: java.security.AccessControlException
multi:              java.security.AccessControlException
derbynetclientmats: java.security.AccessControlException
encryptionAll:      java.security.AccessControlException
encryptionAll:      java.security.AccessControlException
encryption:         java.security.AccessControlException

storeunit:          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/derby/iapi/services/sanity/SanityManager
storeall:           java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/derby/iapi/services/sanity/SanityManager

derbyall:
Same error signatures as above for:
derbyall/storeall/storeall.fail:unit/recoverySetup.unit
derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetmats.fail:stress/stress.multi
derbyall/encryptionAll/encryptionAll.fail:unit/T_CipherBlowfish.unit
derbyall/encryptionAll/encryption.fail:stress/stress.multi
derbyall/derbyall.fail:stress/stress.multi

More details can be found in:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Debugging/regressions2005-10-20

Test summaries in:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Limited/testSummary-current.html
or
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Limited/testSummary-326956.html

Repository checkins since yesterdays tests are listed in:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/UpdateInfo/326956.txt

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,
Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway

Re: Regression test errors: 'AccessControlException' and 'NoClassDefFoundError': 'SanityManager'

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Ole Solberg wrote:
>

>>In our regression test runs today (svn 326956) I find these errors on
>>all platforms:
>

> I swear I had clean runs on jdk142, but I also see these failures in a
> another code line. I'll disable the change and see what's going on.
>
> Sorry,
> Dan.

That fixed it!

Our tinderbox test, which starts within 10 minutes after a checkin (if
it's not already running), shows the result:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-327047.html
or generally for the latest run:
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-current.html

Since I first run each subsuite of derbyall separately the first results
will show up after ~15 minutes.

I am considering running *only* a) derbyall or b) the separate subsuites
to allow the test to complete earlier.
a) (derbyall) finishes in ~2hrs on the host used now, while
b) takes ~3:20hrs.
(One more host and I could do both ;-)  )

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Ole Solberg wrote:

> I have copied .zip files of those directories for three of the platforms
> to http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Debugging/

Thanks Ole, that enabled me to see what was going on and actually it's a
bug in the test harness. The tests at Sun are run in a directory like:

Java user dir:
c:\export\home\tmp\os136789\testingDerby\CYGWIN_NT-5.2_i686-unknown\derbyall

The test harness for multi tests is creating a log file based off that
path, but is getting confused by the '.', assuming that is the lead in
to a suffix. Thus it comes up with a log file of:

C:\export\home\tmp\os136789\testingDerby\CYGWIN_NT-5.log

which is outside the user.dir (current directory) and so of course,
correctly, permission has not been granted to create that file.

It all passed for me because I was not running with a '.' in the path of
my current directory.

Dan.

Re: Regression test errors: 'AccessControlException' and 'NoClassDefFoundError': 'SanityManager'

Posted by Ole Solberg <Ol...@Sun.COM>.
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> Is there access to all the test files from these failed runs?
>
> http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Limited/testSummary-326956.html
>
> E.g. an archive of all the files in the directory the java
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite command was run,
> like the derbyall.sum and derbyall_report.txt file. Also if possible the
> output of the top level java ... RunSuite command.

I have copied .zip files of those directories for three of the platforms
to http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Debugging/
The .zip files should contain everything except *.dat and *.ctrl files.

Regards,
Ole

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.