Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2018/12/03 14:11:47 UTC

[REPORT] Apache Karaf

 - Apache Karaf provides a modern and polymorphic applications runtime,
multi-purpose (microservices, OSGi, etc).

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity:
 - Once Karaf 4.2.2 will be released, master will become Karaf 4.3.x,
upgrading to OSGi R7.
 - We are working on two new PoC for Karaf:
   * Karaf Vineyard is a API management platform powered by Karaf,
providing API registry and gateway
   * Karaf Winegrower is the new karaf boot name. The purpose is to
provide a complete framework/tool allowing developers to start very
easily with the Karaf ecosystem
 - We also start discussion about improving the Karaf features service
to better leverage resources repositories.

## Health report:
 - We can see interaction with different community (jclouds, OpenNMS,
...) and a general activity increase especially from users community
 - We also agree to define a cadence in Karaf runtime and subprojects
release cycle (every 3 months). It allows to include fixes/jira update
most often in release and gives a better roadmap to our users.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 17 PMC members.
 - New PMC members added in the last 3 months: François Papon, Grzegorz
Grzybek
 - Last PMC addition was François Papon & Grzegorz Grzybek on Mon Nov 29
2018

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 31 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Francois Papon at Sat May 19 2018

## Releases:

 - 4.1.7 was released on Thu Nov 29 2018
 - Cave 4.1.1 was released on Mon Sep 10 2018
 - Cellar 4.0.5 was released on Sun Oct 14 2018
 - Cellar 4.1.2 was released on Sun Oct 14 2018
 - Decanter 2.1.0 was released on Tue Sep 11 2018

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@karaf.apache.org:

 - issues@karaf.apache.org:

 - user@karaf.apache.org:
    - 362 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity: