Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2012/12/20 22:37:57 UTC

[MENTORS] Post Graduation Steps

Hi Mentors,

It looks like the steps I have to execute listed at [1] are mostly gated by
this step: "Ensure that they have been added to the PMC chairs group
(pmc-chairs) in LDAP."

I'm unclear about how to do this.  Will Infra automatically take care of it
from the board minutes or do I have to file a JIRA issue?

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#new-project-hand-over

Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems, Inc.
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

Re: [MENTORS] Post Graduation Steps

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Can you add other paths to the GitHub sub-task?
> Can't recall them of the top of my head and they are not documented on our site that I could find.
>
>>> Content on the web site re check out code etc ect

Once the svn is moved you can do svn switch.

>> The first sub-task is supposed to cover the website and SVN, IIUC.
>
> I was referring to the content of the site that might have old incubating URLs, such as:
> http://incubator.apache.org/flex/source.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/flex/developer-faqs.html
>
> Obviously  we would need to make these changes not infra.

Yes. When flex.apache.org is activated there is a step to change the .htaccess file in the incubator root to redirect i.a.o/flex to flex.a.o.

Typically the svn move will happen on the weekend and the CMS change may lag. This may mean that the new site may not be publishable for a period of time.

You may want to adjust the site so it handle incubator and TLP links at the same time.

Regards,
Dave

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,