Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Carlos De Matos <cm...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/19 19:37:18 UTC

AMQP client example

I am looking for either

(1) a working command line client AMQP app I can run on either Linux or OSX
-

OR

(2) a Java or Node.JS client source code example that I can run on Java
1.7/1.8 or recent node server.

Its just not clear to me whether the AMQ install (default install of latest
stable version) is in fact offering a working AMQP message broker.

Any help highly appreciated, the documentation does not help here at all.

Re: AMQP client example

Posted by Roman Mohr <rm...@redhat.com>.
Hi Carlos,

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Carlos De Matos <cm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am looking for either
>
> (1) a working command line client AMQP app I can run on either Linux or OSX
> -
>
> OR
>
> (2) a Java or Node.JS client source code example that I can run on Java
> 1.7/1.8 or recent node server.

Maybe [1] is helpful.

> Its just not clear to me whether the AMQ install (default install of latest
> stable version) is in fact offering a working AMQP message broker.

It should be started by default at port 5672 [2].

You should also see something like this with the default config of ActiveMQ:

    INFO | Listening for connections at: amqp://99b6ddf66b7b:5672?
maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600
    INFO | Connector amqp started

Best Regards,

Roman

[1] https://github.com/noodlefrenzy/node-amqp10