Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Sachith Withana <sw...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/27 21:43:49 UTC

New Comer

Hi all!,
I'm Sachith an Undergraduate from the Department of Computer Science and
Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I saw the Helix project and
read into it. I'm fascinated by the project. I'm currently going through
the quick start tutorials of the project.

Will someone please explain to me of how I could start contributing to the
project?

Sachith Dhanushka Withana
Student, Dept. of Computer Science and Eng.
University of Moratuwa
www.sachith.withana.net

Re: New Comer

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
Hi Sachith,

Thanks for your interest. This is what I would suggest.

- check out the code and build and run all the test cases.
- See the code coverage report. pick a class that has low coverage and add
few tests.
- We have a lot of simple tasks for the next release,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HELIX-95, for example if you are
familiar with maven you can move the examples package out of helix-core.

Let us know if you have any questions.

thanks,
Kishore G